1. Your skin may never be perfect, and that’s okay.
2. Life is too short not to have the underwear, the coffee, and the haircut you want.
3. Everyone (including your family, your coworkers, and your best friend) will talk about you behind your back, and you’ll talk about them too. It doesn’t mean you don’t love each other.
4. It’s okay to spend money on things that make you happy.
5. Sometimes without fault or reason, relationships deteriorate. It will happen when you’re six, it will happen when you’re sixty. That’s life.
Good Parenting: Exhibit 1 (overheard at work today)
- Mommy, why is that man dressed like a lady?
- That is a lady. She was just born with the wrong body.
- How did that happen?
- Nobody really knows. But she's working to fix it, and that's what's important.
- Okay! *runs up to obviously self-conscious woman*
- Hey! Miss!
- You look really pretty in your skirt!
- Thank you!
- *Kid skips back to her mom, and literally everyone in the vicinity smiles*
- I'd just like to point out that it wasn't hard to explain this to a child at all...... Next excuse please?